Thanks for taking the time to get to know us!
We look forward to having the same opportunity with you!
We’re stoked that you want to know more about New Life McKinney, what we’re about and what to expect if you decide to visit us! We know that going somewhere new can raise a lot of questions and can even be a little intimidating; that’s why this site was designed for you! We want you to be at ease, so we will give you a glimpse of what to expect at NLC as you look over the site. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Service Times and Location
9:30AM | Fellowship
10:00AM | Worship Experience/Children’s Church
11:15AM | Adult Small Groups
The Historic Flour Mill
501 E. Virginia, McKinney, TX
Located in Historic McKinney, one block East of McDonald St.
Pastor Jack Powers
Pastor Jack and his amazing wife, Phyllis, have the privilege of leading the people of NLC. Pastor Jack has pastored a new church plant in California, a church in Missouri and now serves at NLC in McKinney. Jack & Phyllis have three adult children and five grandchildren. Jack & Phyllis love serving the church. hanging with people from all walks of life, sharing Jesus with anyone, spending time with family and friends and with each other. You will find both of them to be just real people living in the real world and learning daily what it means to follow after Christ.
What to Expect
At New Life McKinney you will find a group of imperfect people who are learning to live in an imperfect world while serving, and growing in relationship with a perfect God.
If you are looking for a place to worship Sunday I invite you to be my guest. Come between 9:45-10 and enjoy a cup of coffee and get to know some people who call New Life home. Our Worship Experience will start at 10 AM and I can guarantee this – you will find a casual atmosphere with friendly people, awesome KidsLife for your children, & inspired music with a Bible-based message. The worship will include music, scripture and a message based upon the Bible with real life application. After about an hour, we will dismiss for a short time of fellowship followed by Small Group gatherings throughout the building. Groups are offered for all ages with a variety of topics. Try one or try them all. Hope to see you Sunday!
You are loved,
What We Believe
- We believe in one God, the Creator of all things, who reveals himself as Father, Son, and Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, who is fully God and fully man at the same time, who became like us to bring about our salvation.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who is active in the world, bringing us to salvation.
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, giving us all we need to know about how to be saved.
- We believe that we are all sinners by both nature and act and need God’s forgiveness and cleansing.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross and that, by trusting in His death, we can be restored to a right relation to God.
- We believe that God has enabled us to turn to Him from sin but that He has not forced us to do so.We believe that each person must repent, turn away from his sins, and trust Christ to accept him.
- We believe that when we turn from sin and trust in Christ, the old record of sin is wiped clean, and we are born anew, thus becoming part of the family of God.
- We believe that after being born anew we need the fullness of God’s Spirit in our hearts. When we make a complete commitment to Him, He cleanses our spirit, fills us with His perfect love, and gives us the power to live victoriously.
- We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ, carrying on His mission through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in baptism and urge people to be baptized as Christians.
- We believe in the Lord’s Supper.
- We believe that God can heal. We pray for healing. We also believe that He can work through medical science.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is coming again.
- We believe that everyone will face the judgment of God with its rewards and punishments.
Mission & Core Values
The mission of NLC is to present Christ to others through our words, our actions, our lives and our church.
To enable us to carry out our mission, we will live by the following:
1) The sovereignty of God
2) Bible-based teaching
3) Generous giving
7) Godly leadership
8) The grace of God
NLC has a desire to be a part of the building of the Kingdom of God. We believe that all of us who proclaim to be followers of Christ are called to be active in living out our faith. Not only is this true for individuals, it’s true for churches. With that in mind, we have adopted a strategy to enable us to effectively live out our faith and be true to our Mission and Core Values. That strategy is to:
Win People to Christ– because Christ desires that none would be lost.
(Luke 19:10; 1 Timothy 2:4; 2 Peter 3:9)
Build People in Christ – because Christ commanded us to “go and make disciples”
Serve People for Christ – because all people matter to God and to us
(John 3:16; 2 Corinthians 5:15)